1 . Stars you see in the sky may be dead? As they are billions of light years away from us and it will take billions of years for the light to reach earth,which means that the stars light which you see now is billion year old lighting. So they may be dead now.
2. Astronauts say that, space smells like hot metal, welding fumes and seared steak.
3. There is a massive cloud of alcohol more than 463,000,000,000 kms across, with which we can have 400 trillion trillion pints of beer. This massive cloud of alcohol is 10,000 light years away from us.
4. Earth can become a black hole. This can be achieved by compressing earth down to the size of a marble, it would collapse by itself.
5. Do you know that most of your body mass is stardust? 90% of body mass is star dust, because all the elements are created in stars, except hydrogen and helium.
6. 275 million new stars are born every day according to estimates of astronomers.
7. 225 million years is the time taken by our solar system to rotate around the Milky way. Dinosaurs just began to roam on the Earth, the last time Earth was in its current position.
8. Some animals have the ability to thaw in spring and freeze to solid during winter and remain perfectly healthy.
9. Olympus Mons(A large shield volcano) on Mars is almost three times the height of Mt. Everest, which is 27 km tall. It is 55o km wide at the base.
10. If you were in a black hole and look out from inside, you would able to see the back of your own head and the entire universe in one small patch of the sky. Try n prove me wrong !!
11. The center of our galaxy smells like rum and tastes like raspberries. But how can one smell anything without an atmosphere ????
12. Day on Earth is shortened by 1.8 microseconds, by 2011 Japan earth quake. But who cares ??
13. Galileo was the first person to look into space with a telescope nearly 400 years ago.
14. In the space, there is no sound.
15. When water boils, it creates thousands of little bubbles on Earth. If water is boiled in space, it would produce one giant, undulating bubble, which is due to lack of buoyancy and convection. Try and make maggi in space !!!
16. There is no convection in space, as there is no gravity in space. Due to this heat of skin won’t rise, and cool body will perspire, but sweat won’t evaporate or drip, it will just build up.
17. You could never get to the edge of the universe, if you travel outward in a straight line , you would come back to the point where you began.
18. Around 75% of the universe is missing in the form of dark matter and dark energy, according to scientists which can’t be measured. Pretty complex right ?
19. The glue that holds the universe together is dark matter, which can’t be measured, but scientists believe that there is a chance of measuring it.
20. From outer space, cosmic rays flow throughout our solar system, which are highly energetic particles. But no one is aware of their origin.
21. Our solar system, with the sun, the planets, moons and the billions of asteroids and comets fill less than a trillionth of our universe.
22. The edge of our solar system is not Pluto, it is theorized Oort cloud.
23. 20 million million miles, this is the average distance between stars.
24. The core of a neutron star is very dense. It is so dense that if you take a spoonful of matter from its core, it would weigh 200 billion pounds!!
25. 2.7 kelvin is the temperature of the cosmic microwave background radiation, that permeates the entire universe.
26. R136a1 is the most luminous and massive star, which is 8.7 million times brighter than sun, it is present in the Large Magellanic Cloud. Brighter than your future right !!!
27. 13.2 billion years is age of the oldest known star, it is the red giant HE 1523-0901.
28. According to the estimates of scientists, there are around 20 trillion galaxies in our universe.
29. 150 billion light years is the diameter of Universe, approximately.
30. There is no center for Universe, as every galaxy is expanding away from one another.