1. A human head remains conscious for around 20 seconds after being decapitated. It’s probably thinking “this is weird”.
2. A body breaks down four times faster in water than on land.
3. Within three days of death, the enzymes from your intestinal system begin to digest your body. Y U DO DIS BODY?!
4. About 153,000 people worldwide die everyday. But around double that number are born everyday. Hello population problem.
5. When a person dies, their sense of hearing is the last to go. Ear today, gone tomorrow!
6. You can’t die of ‘old age’, only from diseases brought on by age.
7. Men who are hanged get a death erection, known as rigor erectus. Pretty awkward for the family, I assume.
8. In some cases, bodies develop a corpse wax that can preserve the remains for years. They must have had SUCH oily skin.
9. Forensic scientists can tell how long it has been since death by looking at the species of insect on the body. These CID guys are crazy.
10. The skin around the finger and toenails dries and contracts after death, making it look as though they have grown.