Apple announced three new iphone models: XS , XS Max and iPhone XR . The new iPhone XR said to be Iphone for everyone but is it true we gonna find out soon.
Phone XR comes with 6.1” screen size which is a liquid retina display. Coming with 7nm A12 Bionic chip, iPhone XR is claimed to be having fastest processor.
XR has 12MP wide-angle rear camera and 7MP front shooter same. Though cam specs are smae, the quality has been improved.
Good news for Apple fans in India, Dual-Sim facility is coming in iPhones. Apple’s eSim standard will be followed in India i.e in layman term, one sim but two numbers.
Apple has improved battery life, face ID and also offers heptic touch.
- A12 bionic (this can be considered a step forward as it has a 1.56x faster CPU clock speed as compared to lower variants but is it significant enough tho?!)
- Hexa core- (Same as Iphone 8)
- Apple GPU 4-core graphics ( Iphone 8 had 3-core graphics so maybe not that great of a difference)
- RAM-Apple doesn’t really like to talk about their RAM but reports say it may sport a 3GB RAM ( Iphone 8, 7, 6s all three housed a 2GB RAM)
- Camera–The primary camera is a 12 MP, f/1.8, 28mm, 1/2.55″, 1.4µm, (same as Iphone 8, and 7)(supports portrait mode now)The secondary front facing camera is a 7 MP, f/2.2, 32mm (same as I8 and I7 )Also they ate away the dual camera this time just like they did with the logo back in 1977.
- Battery-Apple has promised a better battery life with upto 25 hrs on 3g and 65 hrs on standby (lets call it something better than pathetic)
6.1 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen AKA LIQUID RETINA
LCD = Liquid Crystal Display
Retina Display = a marketing term developed by Apple to refer to devices and monitors that have a resolution and pixel density so high –( roughly 300 or more pixels per inch) – that a person is unable to discern the individual pixels at a normal viewing distance.
Anyways, so now you have fit a slightly better LCD display than last year on your new 750$ product but LCD sounds too bleak and you have to show people that you have INNOVATED so you OVERTHINK and come up with “RETINA” but then you realize it’s not cool to completely fake it …. and then you sneak in “Liquid” from LCD becuase “why not?”
and then name it Liquid Retina.
Dual Sim- Apart from a physical SIM, support for the second SIM will be offered via eSIM, with Airtel and Jio confirmed as partners in India. (but we are yet to find out if “TWO MANY SIMS WILL SPOIL THE APPLE or just work out smooth?”)
Is the iPhone XR worth buying? (Technically)
If you have an Iphone X, 8/ 8+ – then absolutely NOT.
If you have an older version (7/7+,6s/….) – still NO.
(I will suggest you to look for other alternatives with same specs …just do your research and grab them , and if you are still too obsessed with the apple environment and want to stick around, then go for the Iphone 8/8+ (prices are about to drop) and if you want that fancy all screen prototype, go for the X.
However, Iphone X will get discontinued really soon my friend but if you have the thirst for technology and the hunger for apple, I think you