1. The movie stars Dwayne Johnson, Jack Black, Kevin Hart, Karen Gillan, Nick Jonas and Bobby Cannavale.
2. Set 21 years after the first movie, the plot follows four teenagers who are transported into the video game world of Jumanji, playing as the characters they choose. Uniting with another player, they have to overcome the game’s magical power in order to win and return home.
3. The statues in the jungle set are modeled after the board game pieces in the first movie.
4. Jack Black jokes that he wasn’t acting in the scenes where his character was infatuated with Dwayne Johnson’s character. He was in fact actually infatuated and the cameras just kept on rolling.
5. Dwayne Johnson said that if he could play any other role in the movie, he’d play Bethany: “I know how much fun [Jack] had every day playing a 16 year old self obsessed girl.”
6. The movie’s African jungle setting was shot in Hawaii.
7. Mouse Finbar wears a little badge with the picture of a slice of cake and a line going across it, a nod to the fact that his character’s weakness is cake. The badge can be seen on the lower left side of his vest.
8. Tom Holland was originally cast as Seaplane McDonough, but had to drop out of the movie because he was busy with Spider-Man: Homecoming.
9. Dwayne Johnson and Kevin Hart are known for their intensive workout routines, but it was Gillan, whose character is an expert in various martial arts and “dance fighting”, who did the most extensive work with the stunt team to learn the fight choreography for her scenes.
10. Ruby Roundhouse’s outfit was influenced by Lara Croft, the protagonist of the Tomb Raider video games and movies. Martha comments on how impractical the outfit it to wear in the jungle.
11. The open field scene where the cast was chased by cyclists was shot at a ranch in Hawaii, where Jurassic World was filmed. When the camera is at a particular angle, you can tell exactly what scene from Jurassic World was filmed there.
12. In the aftermath of Jumanji actor Robin Williams’s suicide, many people spoke out against the movie. However, the crew assured everyone that the movie would provide a great tribute to Williams.
13. During the Bazaar scene, while fighting and calling out his actions, Dwayne Johnson dispatches one of Van Pelt’s henchmen by using his wrestling finisher, the Rock Bottom.
14. A poster for the video game Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End hangs in Spencer’s room, whose score was also composed by Henry Jackman.
15. All the Brentford High School scenes were shot at the same school that Goosebumps was filmed in, which also starred Jack Black.
16. Karen Gillan thought that Ruby’s look was a lot of fun, stating, “It was interesting to highlight the familiar trope, particularly from the 90s video games, of the way women were portrayed in those games.”
17. Dwayne Johnson pitched the name “Smolder” to Jake Kasdan through text. He said, “What if his name was Smolder, but he had this unique ability to just Smolder. And he’s like, I love it.”
18. In researching the character of Bethany, Jack Black went to Madison Iseman, asking about her favorite music and TV shows. He watched and listened and got into that head space.
19. Kevin Heart and Dwayne Johnson credit their on screen chemistry to their off screen friendship.
20. Karen Gillan is from Scotland so she had to employ an American accent in order to play Martha.
21. The various suburban locations from the Brantford scenes were filmed in Atlanta, Georgia. Also, the various jungle locations, such as the bazaar scene, the Jaguar scene and the maze of booby-trapped tunnels was also filmed in Atlanta.
22. Kevin Hart was sick during the filming of the helicopter scene.
23. The football player’s nickname, “Fridge,” is a nod to American football player William Perry, who was known as “The Refrigerator,” or “The Fridge.”
24. Alex’s tree house was an actual tree house built around a sprawling Banyan tree and hidden in the jungle foliage.
25. To film the Albino Rhino scene, the cast spent days harnessed into a full-size, customized helicopter mounted on a special effects gimbal rig elevated 20 feet in the air.