Spontaneous Human Combustion or SHC is a phenomenon where people can suddenly and inexplicably explode into a ball of fire for no reason. It occurs when a person supposedly burns to death by a fire believed to have started from within the body of that person.
However, the extremities, such as the hands, feet, or parts of the leg often remain intact. The torso and head are charred beyond recognition but, in rare cases, the internal organs of a victim remain unscathed. It generally happens with the victim inside his/her house and the room the victim was in usually shows little to no signs of fire, aside from a greasy residue left on furniture and walls. Often there is a sweet, smoky smell in the room where the incident has occurred.
There are several theories as to what causes SHC. These include: flammable body fat, acetone buildup, static electricity, methane, bacteria, stress, and even divine intervention but nobody knows for sure.